Sunday, May 13, 2012

PETER’S PAN-“EAT LIKE A KING”


 PETER’S PAN-“EAT LIKE A KING”

The moment I opened the door to Peter’s Pan, I was engulfed by the smell of freshly made waffles and pancakes – perfect because I was in no mood for a typical Indian breakfast. 

Compared to the majority of eateries in this area, the interiors of this place are like a breath of fresh air with playing cards on the wall as part of a purple and yellow colour scheme. 

Although the premises is not too large, the restaurant can accommodate 20-25 people.

The menu is short and crisp and consists of waffles, pancakes and omlettes along with a selection of hotdogs. 
I decided to go with the sweet smell in the air and ordered some blueberry waffles instead of the savoury ones. 

The moment I digged into it, I was like “oh wow”!!! They were the best waffles I’ve had in a long time. 
The only thing that comes close to this are the waffles at Taste restaurant at Westin Hotels. And for this price, the waffles at Peter's Pan are a great bargain.

The waffle at Peter’s Pan was served with a generous helping of blueberry sauce along with whipped cream. Gosh,I’m already salivating just writing about it! 

The best part is that since the dishes are eggless, I can bring along my (picky) vegetarian friends to try the excellent waffles and pancakes. The cook deserves a huge tick from my side. 

Since I am an egg kinda girl (err...I was craving for something savoury and non-veg), I ordered for bhurji which came along with some toast and french fries. 

The bhurji was nice and filling but just a little overcooked for my liking. Next, I ordered a cup of masala chai. Unfortunately, this is a big no-no. I would prefer having some tea at a roadside stall instead. 

By now I was so stuffed that I couldn't possibly eat another bite. A bill of Rs 150 --- is not that bad.

However, the same evening, I decided to make a little trip to Peter's Pan again and try the very delicious sounding caramel banana pancakes. 

Oh my, did they ever live up to my expectations! Topped with fresh bananas and some caramel sauce along with whipped cream, they simply melted in my mouth. 
For refreshments, I decided to play it safe and ordered a lemon iced tea that turned out to be a tad too sweet for my taste. 
I paid Rs 130 and before leaving I promised the manager that I will be back to sample the rest of the menu with a few of my friends the next time.

You can expect quick service at Peter's Pan as the food, though freshly prepared, is served swiftly. Full marks for presentation as the dishes I tried not only tasted good but looked tempting. 
The menu is a bit overpriced but at the same time you are sure to get your money's worth as portion sizes are generous. Peter Pan’s tag line states, “Eat like a king” and I truly did.


Ambience:4/5
Food:4/5
Service: 4/5
Price:3/5
Overall ratings:4/5
Address: Peter’s Pan, Shop no.16, Green Valley,Wanowrie, Pune-40
Phone:9226408478


2 comments:

  1. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...